Next steps to win a contract that rewards our hard work and sacrifices:
- Make sure everyone takes part in the Unity Break at your workplace every week. Most people are taking action on Thursday, but if you aren't sure, check in with your steward or worksite organizer.
- Our bargaining power grows with Union density. Ask nonmembers to sign up now by following this link. Senior managers and executives are watching our membership numbers closely.
- Follow @seiu221 on social media. Post your Unity Break photos using #NowIsTheTime and #RespectProtectPayUs. We will be posting video of your co-workers talking about why they support our Bargaining Team and are fighting for a fair contract. We will also have a special Union Update video on Friday with member voices. Make sure you subscribe so you don't miss it.
- April 5 - Save the date for a morning rally. Details coming soon.
- April 23 - Save the date for a Fair Contract Action. Details coming soon.
We also testified in support of two other initiatives that passed at Tuesday’s meeting:
- The Board took action to implement recommendations from an state audit of San Diego Jails, which includes increased staffing and preventing sworn officers from intervening in medical decisions.
- The Board also supported action to implement recommendations to eliminate obstacles to enrollment for self-sufficiency services, including adding bilingual capacity, hiring more staff and addressing caseloads.
If you have questions, contact your organizer-representative, email CountyContract@seiu221.org or call (858) 560-0151.