In-person ratification voting begins May 25, and continues to June 1. Online voting is from June 2 to June 6. The final deadline to vote is at 1:30 p.m. on Monday, June 6.
Follow this link to see the complete voting schedule for San Diego County. Please check back frequently as this information may be updated. Your Bargaining Team unanimously recommends a 'Yes!' vote.
Contract highlights include:
- Year 1: 5 percent increase and $2000 one-time money, Year 2: 2.75 percent Increase and $600 Unfilled-Positions Stipend, Year 3: 2.75 percent
- Equity Increases for 80 percent of all SEIU represented employees and commitment to a new equity study in every contract
- Tier D Enhancement - longevity bump at 20 and 25 years
- Flex Increase of 5 percent to keep up with health care costs
- Pay hikes for 10 classifications
- Step Increases for 14 classifications
- Bilingual Pay increase of 50 percent
- Uniform and Boot Allowance
- Location Premiums for Edgemoor and Polinsky
- Night Shift and Training Premium Increases
- Non-routine shift change payment
- Teleworking rights and Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Collaborative Solutions Committee to address compaction, child care, county culture and more
To see details of how wage increases, equity and premiums will benefit you and those in your classification, follow this link to see the SEIU Classification Calculator.
Visit www.seiu221.org/countycontract to get updates on ratification and more information.
If you have questions, ask your Bargaining Team member, contact your organizer-representative, email CountyContract@seiu221.org or call (858) 560-0151.