It’s official! After two weeks of in-person and online voting, your Bargaining Team counted the votes, and our County members overwhelmingly ratified a foundational contract.
Contract highlights include:
- Year 1: 5 percent increase and $2000 one-time money, Year 2: 2.75 percent Increase and $600 Unfilled-Positions Stipend, Year 3: 2.75 percent
- Equity Increases for 80 percent of all SEIU represented employees and commitment to a new equity study in every contract
- Tier D Enhancement - longevity bump at 20 and 25 years
- Flex Increase of 5 percent to keep up with health care costs
- Pay hikes for 10 classifications
- Step Increases for 14 classifications
- Uniform and Boot Allowance
- Location Premiums for Edgemoor and Polinsky
- Night Shift and Training Premium Increases
- Non-routine shift change payment
- Teleworking rights and Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Collaborative Solutions Committee to address compaction, childcare, County culture and more
To see details of how wage increases, equity and premiums will benefit you and those in your classification, follow this link to see the SEIU Classification Calculator.
Visit www.seiu221.org/countycontract to get updates on ratification and more information.
If you have questions, ask your Bargaining Team member, contact your organizer-representative, email CountyContract@seiu221.org or call (858) 560-0151.