Your Bargaining Team has been working hard to negotiate a fair San Diego County Contract and wants to share the following updates:
- Teleworking: We have had productive discussions about creating a fair and transparent County-wide teleworking policy that supports employees and clients.
- Organizational Equity and Inclusion: We are in discussions with the County to build mechanisms to identify and address issues of institutional racism in the County.
- Contract Clean-Up: This sub-committee has met with the County three times, and members are working to ensure readable and clear contract language.
- Economics: Our Bargaining Team has been listening to your feedback and goals and will be submitting an economic proposal that includes across-the-board wage increases, equity adjustments, premiums, health care flex increases and addressing Tier D.
Stay updated on what is happening in bargaining and our Union by following @seiu221 on social media. Make sure you subscribe so you don't miss updates. Also check the SEIU221.org website.
If you have questions, ask your Bargaining Team member, contact your organizer-representative, email CountyContract@seiu221.org or call (858) 560-0151.
Here is what you can do now for a strong contract:
- Our bargaining power grows with Union density. Ask nonmembers to sign up now by following this link. Senior managers and executives are watching our membership numbers closely.
- Post your Unity Break photos using #NowIsTheTime and #RespectProtectPayUs. We will be posting video of your co-workers talking about why they support our Bargaining Team and are fighting for a fair contract.
- April 5 - Save the date for a morning rally. Details coming soon.
- April 23 - Save the date for a Fair Contract Action. Details coming soon.