The County heard our call for "More than 4!" and came in with an offer of 5 percent in the first year of across-the-board increases. Ratification will begin on Wednesday, May 25.
Other highlights include
- Year 1: 5 percent increase and $2000 one-time money, Year 2: 2.75 percent Increase and $600 Unfilled-Positions Stipend, Year 3: 2.75 percent
- Equity Increases for 80 percent of all SEIU represented employees and commitment to a new equity study in every contract
- Bumps for 10 classifications
- Step Increases for 14 classifications
- Bilingual Pay increase of 50 percent
- Uniform and Boot Allowance
- Location Premiums for Edgemoor and Polinsky
- Night Shift and Training Premium Increases
- Non-routine shift change payment
- Tier D Enhancement - longevity bump at 20 and 25 years
- Flex Increase of 5 percent to keep up with health care costs
- Teleworking rights and Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Collaborative Solutions Committee to address compaction, child care, county culture and more
To see details of how wage increases, equity and premiums will benefit you and those in your classification, follow this link to see the SEIU Classification Calculator.
What’s next? Stay tuned for a schedule of in-person and online opportunities to learn about the details of the contact and vote. The ratification meetings and voting process is expected to begin on Wednesday, May 25.
Remember, only members can vote to ratify the contract. Nonmembers can sign up with this form by following this link.