Frequently Asked Questions

How do I find the webpage for where I work?
Click on “Your Workplace” at the top of the page.  Then click on your Employer.

How do I find my Steward?
Find your Steward by calling the Local 221 office.

Where is my Union office?
To find your Union office, click here.

How do I file a grievance or appeal a discipline?
Timeliness is critical.  If you believe your workplace rights have been violated, don’t hesitate to contact your Steward first.  Your Steward will work with you to resolve the issue.  If you have other questions regarding a grievance or a final disciplinary action, call the Advocacy Center Hotline at (858) 268-7020.

Am I a member of SEIU Local 221?
Call the Local 221 office to confirm your membership status.

What’s the difference between being a Union member or service fee-payer?
Members have rights and benefits that service fee-payers do not have.  For example, members have the right to vote in Union elections, such as contract negotiations, electing your Union leadership, and setting bylaws and dues.  Members also enjoy discounts on goods and services.  The most significant benefit of membership is strength at the bargaining table during contract negotiations.

Service fee-payers pay a service fee for representation, but without all the rights and benefits of membership.

Get access to more rights and benefits today by becoming a member!

Comments are closed.