Just days after your union released a report about how few front-line County staff have access to necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), County Executives sent a one-page letter dismissing our comprehensive health and safety demands. Despite claiming to bargain, the County has refused to address SEIU’s proposals on PPE and hazard pay, nor have they responded with any written proposals of their own.
It’s time to send a strong message to the County Executives: We will not back down from protecting the health of front-line workers and the communities we serve. The County’s inaction is disturbing and it is putting even more lives at risk.
- We encourage you to join the event by video (although phone call-in is available)
- Use this link to download signs demanding that the County of San Diego #ProtectALLWorkers
- Post a picture to social media of you and your coworkers holding these signs
- Bring the signs with you to the virtual speak out
- Wear purple to show your union solidarity and power
- TIPS: If you’re unable to print, put the sign on an a tablet or laptop screen. You can also make your own handwritten sign using a marker.
Non-county SEIU members are also welcome to attend and show solidarity. Let’s make sure that the County hears our united voices on Wednesday. We are stronger together.