On July 18 at the Campaign Action Team meeting at Marina Village, more than 100 members came to plan for the County Campaign. Member leaders called for a vote to recommend their bargaining team begin a ULP (unfair labor practice) strike vote, if they don’t see good faith bargaining at the table on Thursday. It passed overwhelmingly with more than 100 CAT Team members voting yes.
Today members delivered stacks of petitions with 3,000 signatures to management at about 25 sites throughout the County.
- We have heard that many Family Resource Centers have safety issues. Report them here by clicking here
- Get accurate information about our charges against the County here: seiu221.seiu.org/ulp
- Have questions about a possible strike? Get answers here: seiu221.org/strikeFAQs
- Want to see the County’s proposals and our position? See it here: seiu221.seiu.org/proposals
We must stand strong, together, and everyone must participate:
- If you are not a member, join the Union. We must send a message of unity and strength to the County.
- Participate in unity breaks and worksite actions every Thursday. If you don’t know the plan for your worksite, contact your steward or worksite organizer.
- For a complete list of information about bargaining and more details go to seiu221.org