|“Invest in San Diego Families Works! The County opened bargaining with the best economic starting proposals in memory”
– Christynne Wood, County employee and Bargaining Team member
The County (finally) met with our SEIU 221 bargaining team yesterday,
and in a surprising opening proposal submitted economic and other terms to start the day – the terms were submitted in writing and can be seen by clicking here
Most notably, the County is proposing NO equity increases for job classifications that have fallen severely behind other counties, which – of course – your bargaining team will include in the counter proposals to come.
8 am Thursday April 20
Your bargaining team had several opening proposals, and exchanged them – they can be seen here:
- Proposal – Cover and Article 1
- Proposal Article 2 Union Rights
- Proposal Article 3 – No Discrimination
- Proposal Article 11 – Grievance
- Proposal Article 16 – Prohibition
Talk to a bargaining team member or steward for more information.
The community partners that joined all caucuses were proud and excited to see that the work of ISDF has been proven effective.
“Our community of county residents and workers were more united than ever yesterday,” said Paola Martinez-Montes, bargaining team member and the director of the Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment. “Together our voice is stronger.”
- Join the union – our numbers give us leverage at the bargaining table. Call (858) 560-0151 or email email@example.com
- Wear Purple on Thursdays – Ask your steward or worksite organizer for details. Take a group photo and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include your full worksite name, the number of people and any messages you want to tell the County.
- Attend a town hall to learn about the County budget and ask the Board of Supervisors to invest in San Diego Families. There will be town halls in each of the Board of Supervisors districts. Click here for details and to RSVP.
SEIU Local 221 County Chapter President