SEIU Local 221 Advocacy Center staff WON the Arbitration against the County of San Diego over the issue of Union representation at PIP meetings. The Arbitrator found that the County violated the MOA when it denied representation at a member’s PIP meeting, the Arbitrator ordered the County to remove all discipline from the member’s file and ordered that representation be allowed in all employee PIP meetings when the employee believes that discipline may result.
Read the full text of the decision here.
Join SEIU Local 221 at Petco Park for a fun summer afternoon with friends and family. Show your solidarity by wearing your purple t-shirts. We will also be celebrating the one-year anniversary of SEIU Local 221 President, David Garcias!
SEIU Local 221 will provide a ticket to the game in the Upper Reserved Right Field, Sections 227 and 229, next to the Budweiser Patio on the Terrace level. Enjoy hot dogs, chips, and soda before the game all for a low price of $8.00 per person. Tickets are limited so purchase yours early! Tickets can be purchased at our Union Hall during business hours or by contacting your Worksite Organizer.
Game starts at 1:05 p.m.
We will be on the East side of the parking lot, which will be roped off and our purple SEIU banners will be visible. Feel free to bring folding chairs or blankets.
In honor of your dedication and commitment to Local 221 and its members we would like to invite you to a banquet in your honor. You and your fellow Stewards will be treated to lunch and a special presentation, including a Steward of the Year Award. Please join us to celebrate YOU!
205 Shelter Island Drive, San Diego, CA 92106 – Grand Marina Room
Special guest speaker is Mickey Kasparian, President of UFCW Local 135 and the Labor Council
Space is limited, please RSVP to email@example.com or (858) 560-0151.
Nominate your favorite Steward by going to this link and filling out a nomination form.
From: The south or west.
If you are traveling on either Interstate 5 south or Interstate 8 west, take the Rosecrans Exit and continue on Rosecrans to Shelter Island Drive and turn left. At the fork in the road, stay to the right, and continue to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Island Palms Hotel & Marina.
We reached a tentative agreement on Tuesday, July 30th, for a new 2-year contract with the City of Imperial Beach. Your SEIU Local 221/IB Chapter Negotiating Committee is recommending that members vote YES and approve the new agreement.
While the agreement is not perfect, we made progress toward our main goals in negotiations:
– Raises, Not Bonuses: There are wage increases for each year of the contract for every IB Misc. Employee (Full Time or Part Time). In year one, effective July 1, 2013, a three (3%) percent wage increase across the board. In the second year, effective July 1, 2014, an additional three (3%) percent wage increase across the board. These are the first real raises since 2009.
– Health Insurance Benefit Increases: Non Kaiser Health Plan premiums decreased this year, but Kaiser Premiums increased by approximately 6%. The City has agreed to contribute an additional $25, increasing the Health Insurance Flexible Benefit from $855 to $880 each month effective January 1, 2014. In the second year effective January 1, 2015 a $50 increase will be added increasing the benefit from $880 to $930 each month. There is no change to the cash out limit.
1. The City will reimburse lifeguards, who have worked for the City at least 400 hours, for training, testing, books, and certificate expenses up to $900 for successfully completing the training and receiving an EMT certificate.
2. Part Time lifeguards will be eligible for a step increase on July 1st, if they have completed 600 hours in the previous 12-months.
– Use of Personal Vehicle: If a City vehicle is not available, employees may use their own vehicle to conduct City business with prior written authorization from their supervisor or HR. The employee must submit evidence to HR of automobile insurance. An employee may be reimbursed for mileage for use of their vehicle, but only if there is no City vehicle available.
Most importantly, the City of Imperial Beach management and City Council know who we are and that we will no longer be silent and invisible. Our members stepped up by attending Council meetings. We can’t stop now, we must continue forward to make sure that SEIU Local 221/IB Chapter is a strong, effective Union that stands up for workers and the community we serve.
Each meeting will last about 30 minutes, you will cast your ballots, and at the conclusion of the final meeting we will count the ballots.